We are in search of a resourceful self-starter to successfully manage the Brooks Building Solutions (BBS) Building Automation System (BAS) Team to ensure customer satisfaction and profitability. The ideal candidate will coach and build a team and infrastructure that can successfully lead and oversee the execution of building automation, energy management, and building analytics project. In this role, you will independently develop, implement, and monitor the essential weekly and monthly KPI’s to operate a well-run and efficient controls business. We want to be the technological leader, integrator, and most trusted supplier of Building Automation Systems in Florida and South Georgia.
The BAS manager will also work closely with the sales manager to make sure we are selling the right type of products and services at the right margin, having minimal slippage, and delivering repeatable, healthy and sustainable growth in overall revenue. You will work with the entire team to promote teamwork, enthusiasm and a positive culture that strives and likes to win.
Brooks Building Solutions has been in business since 1984 and currently has 70 associates, 32 of which are in the service department. The primary cities in our market are Jacksonville, Gainesville and Tallahassee. Our main office is in Jacksonville with a satellite office in Tallahassee. The Service Department is one of multiple profit centers within Brooks Building Solutions that includes an equipment sales department, building automation department, parts department, and electrical department.
Our purpose and core values are the following:
Purpose: We exist to serve the client. We do that by recruiting, hiring, and developing the best associates and arming them with the best products, technologies, and services. Our financial success is a natural byproduct of successfully serving the client.
Be different – We are not a commodity.
Be dependable – We do what we say we are going to do.
Do the right thing – We do the right thing for our clients, our co-workers, our subcontractors, our vendors, and the company.
BBS is the factory authorized service provider for Daikin Applied in the North Florida and South Georgia markets. Our technicians are trained as if they are Daikin Factory Service employees. Our clients include commercial office buildings, military bases, K-12, higher education, healthcare, hospitality, and industrial. We do not service residential or refrigeration.
BBS has been installing Building Automation Systems for over 30 years. We support Tridium Niagara and BACnet as our products of choice. We team up with our Equipment sales team to provide turn-key solutions on bid day. We utilize our existing Service Sales Team to provide BAS retrofit solutions and energy solutions to the existing building community.
- Build, mentor and inspire a team of high performing Engineers, Programmers, Project Managers and Technicians to become the Building Automation System provider of choice in our marketplace.
- Establish and document standard processes and KPI’s for every part of the controls BAS
- Work closely with the sales manager on margin and execution of controls services to achieve maximum profitability.
- Ensure BAS projects are executed on time and to the customers satisfaction.
- Work closely with the accounting department to monitor and manage the profitability on a monthly basis.
- Set and enforce standards for technician’s behavior, appearance, conduct and safety on the job.
- Work in conjunction with the Service Manager to maintain a safety program is in place to provide safe work environment and maintain a low EMR.
- Establish consistent and reliable communication with the client, technicians, and in-house personnel.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or equivalent experience.
- Goal oriented, analytical, and able to bring process to a department that is currently lacking process.
- Proven track record in a Controls Operation Management role in the HVAC Industry.
- A leader who can implement change.
- Ability to relate to people at all levels, and to communicate both on a technical and non-technical level.
About Jacksonville and North Florida
- The Jacksonville metro area has approximately 1.5M people
- It is the fourth largest city and the youngest population in Florida
- It has the lowest cost of living among the major cities in Florida
- The suburban counties have the highest rated school systems in the State
- Florida’s Bright Futures Scholarship makes in-state college some of the most affordable in the country
- It has a range of culturally and aesthetically diverse neighborhoods
- Local beaches include Atlantic Beach, Neptune Beach, Jacksonville Beach, Ponte Vedra Beach
- The largest urban park system in the country
- World class fishing and boating opportunities
- The St Johns River flows through downtown
- Home to the Jacksonville Jaguars NFL team
- Home of the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp Minor League Baseball Team (Marlins AA Affiliate)
- Home of the PGA Tour Headquarters, The Players Championship, and the World Golf Hall of Fame
- Popular nearby destinations include Amelia Island, Cumberland Island, and Historic St. Augustine
- Gainesville Florida is home to the University of Florida and numerous high-tech research facilities
- Tallahassee is the state Capital and the home of Florida State University