We are in search of a resourceful self-starter to successfully manage the Brooks Building Solutions (BBS) Parts and After Markets division to ensure customer satisfaction and profitability. The ideal candidate will lead the execution of growing the existing business. In this role, you will independently develop, implement, and monitor the essential weekly and monthly KPI’s to operate a well-run and efficient parts and after-market business. We want to be the preferred provider of choice for parts in Florida and South Georgia.
The Parts and After Markets manager will work with the entire team to promote teamwork, enthusiasm and a positive culture that strives and likes to win.
Brooks Building Solutions has been in business since 1984 and currently has 70 associates, 32 of which are in the service department. The primary cities in our market are Jacksonville, Gainesville and Tallahassee. Our main office is in Jacksonville with a satellite office in Tallahassee. The Service Department is one of multiple profit centers within Brooks Building Solutions that includes an equipment sales department, building automation department, parts department, and electrical department.
Our purpose and core values are the following:
Purpose: We exist to serve the client. We do that by recruiting, hiring, and developing the best associates and arming them with the best products, technologies, and services. Our financial success is a natural byproduct of successfully serving the client.
Be different – We are not a commodity.
Be dependable – We do what we say we are going to do.
Do the right thing – We do the right thing for our clients, our co-workers, our subcontractors, our vendors, and the company.
BBS is the factory authorized service provider for Daikin Applied in the North Florida and South Georgia markets. Our technicians are trained as if they are Daikin Factory Service employees. Our clients include commercial office buildings, military bases, K-12, higher education, healthcare, hospitality, and industrial. We do not service residential or refrigeration.
BBS has been installing Building Automation Systems for over 30 years. We support Tridium Niagara and BACnet as our products of choice. We team up with our Equipment sales team to provide turn-key solutions on bid day. We utilize our existing Service Sales Team to provide BAS retrofit solutions and energy solutions to the existing building community.
- Represent Brooks Building solutions as provider of choice in the industry ensuring maximum sales and profitability.
- Develop a strategy and business plan to scale existing operations.
- Establish and document standard processes and KPI’s for every part of the parts and after-market department.
- Develop a sales strategy by understanding the customer organization and decision-making process to effectively participate in strategy development and presentation to customers.
- Provide exceptional quality customer service to internal and external customers and build strong vendor relationships.
- Train, direct, and evaluate staff regarding all assignments to assure KPIs are met.
- Work closely with the accounting department to monitor and manage the P&L on a monthly basis.
- Manage inventory to ensure proper turns and min loss throughout the year by keeping abreast with technical developments and changes in product lines.
- Create and maintain a showroom located in the main entrance of the building.
Desired Skills & Experience
- College degree in relevant field or equivalent business experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage profit and loss in order to maximize financial performance in a wholesale environment.
- General knowledge of inventory management principles and procedures, including procurement, storage, forecasting and handling dead inventory.
- Experience in HVACR or similar industry.
- Able to effectively price and recommend products and systems.
- Ability to relate to people at all levels, and to communicate both on a technical and non-technical level.
- Experience with Quick Books preferred.
- Ability to use PC-based spreadsheets, word processing programs, and presentation software (MS Word/Excel/Powerpoint).
About Jacksonville and North Florida
- The Jacksonville metro area has approximately 1.5M people
- It is the fourth largest city and the youngest population in Florida
- It has the lowest cost of living among the major cities in Florida
- The suburban counties have the highest rated school systems in the State
- Florida’s Bright Futures Scholarship makes in-state college some of the most affordable in the country
- It has a range of culturally and aesthetically diverse neighborhoods
- Local beaches include Atlantic Beach, Neptune Beach, Jacksonville Beach, Ponte Vedra Beach
- The largest urban park system in the country
- World class fishing and boating opportunities
- The St Johns River flows through downtown
- Home to the Jacksonville Jaguars NFL team
- Home of the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp Minor League Baseball Team (Marlins AA Affiliate)
- Home of the PGA Tour Headquarters, The Players Championship, and the World Golf Hall of Fame
- Popular nearby destinations include Amelia Island, Cumberland Island, and Historic St. Augustine