We are in search of a resourceful self-starter to successfully plan, coordinate, and direct all of operational resources within the service department as well as effectively communicate with the Field Technician Supervisor and coordinate jobs with Project Managers while ensuring high quality customer service.
Brooks Building Solutions has been in business since 1984 and currently has 70 associates, 32 of which are in the service department. The primary cities in our market are Jacksonville, Gainesville and Tallahassee. Our main office is in Jacksonville with satellite offices in Tallahassee and Miami. The Service Department is one of multiple profit centers within Brooks Building Solutions that includes an equipment sales department, building automation department, parts department, and electrical department.
Our purpose and core values are the following:
Purpose: We exist to serve the client. We do that by recruiting, hiring, and developing the best associates and arming them with the best products, technologies, and services. Our financial success is a natural byproduct of successfully serving the client.
Be different – We are not a commodity.
Be dependable – We do what we say we are going to do.
Do the right thing – We do the right thing for our clients, our co-workers, our subcontractors, our vendors, and the company.
BBS is the factory authorized service provider for Daikin Applied in the North Florida and South Georgia markets. Our technicians are trained as if they are Daikin Factory Service employees. Our clients include commercial office buildings, military bases, K-12, higher education, healthcare, hospitality, and industrial. We do not service residential or refrigeration.
BBS has been installing Building Automation Systems for over 30 years. We support Tridium Niagara and BACnet as our products of choice. We team up with our Equipment sales team to provide turn-key solutions on bid day. We utilize our existing Service Sales Team to provide BAS retrofit solutions and energy solutions to the existing building community.
- Represent Brooks Building solutions as a service provider of choice in the industry ensuring maximum profitability.
- High internal and external customer satisfaction through effective communication and execution with Service Technicians, Field Technician Supervisor, Project Managers, Parts Department, Accounting Department and customers.
- Effectively schedule personnel (including manage on-call schedule for service technicians), materials, and sub-contractors based on project needs, skill sets and availability to maximize profitability.
- Logs service start-up and service work requirements in job tracking system, and all the related technical input to ensure accuracy.
- Ensures high customer satisfaction by investigating customer concerns, routing them to the assigned staff and responding to special requests in addition to proactively scheduling return trips with customers when parts are in.
- Meet key performance indicators (KPIs):
- 8 for 10 ratios per technician
- Degree to which unproductive labor or lost time is minimized
- Number of customer complaints due to scheduling
- Number of return trips/call backs due to scheduling inefficiencies
- Accuracy of customer history files
- Filing of service orders
- Accuracy of customer Maintenance Agreement files
- Timeliness of billing information to accounting
- Timeliness of warranty part processing
- Timeliness of 8/10 reporting, current with-in three days
- Follow up on pending or recommended work
- Travel time goal = ¼ hour
Desired Skills & Experience
- 6 months minimum of related experience and/or training.
- Must have valid Driver’s License with good record. (occasional field visits)
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Must be able to function under pressure.
- Familiarity with the operation and prior work experience with HVAC Systems preferred.
- Working knowledge of general office equipment and Microsoft Office products (MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint).
- Ability to relate to people at all levels, and to communicate both on a technical and non-technical level.
- The Jacksonville metro area has approximately 1.5M people
- It is the fourth largest city and the youngest population in Florida
- It has the lowest cost of living among the major cities in Florida
- The suburban counties have the highest rated school systems in the State
- Florida’s Bright Futures Scholarship makes in-state college some of the most affordable in the country
- It has a range of culturally and aesthetically diverse neighborhoods
- Local beaches include Atlantic Beach, Neptune Beach, Jacksonville Beach, Ponte Vedra Beach
- The largest urban park system in the country
- World class fishing and boating opportunities
- The St Johns River flows through downtown
- Home to the Jacksonville Jaguars NFL team
- Home of the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp Minor League Baseball Team (Marlins AA Affiliate)
- Home of the PGA Tour Headquarters, The Players Championship, and the World Golf Hall of Fame
- Popular nearby destinations include Amelia Island, Cumberland Island, and Historic St. Augustine